Monday, July 21, 2008

Blessed.



To try to sum up what exactly the past few weeks have meant to me would be impossible, but I will attempt. I returned (for the second time) to Trinidad a few weeks ago. I had almost decided not to return (and was planning on going to Africa instead), but through a series of events ended up going back to Trinidad (thank You God). I knew Trinidad would be different this year b/c I am different this year. My walk w/God is ALOT more intense and I am ALOT more IN LOVE w/Him than before (there is no sweeter love than His). The team was smaller, but as always put together by God. So many of the people I met there last year remembered me (and I remembered them too!), honestly it was like coming home to family, I got so much LOVE there, constant, I cried when I left, and cried when I got back to the States. If my parents would have sent some of my things, I would have stayed there-no joke. People say to find one mission trip you love and return there every year-well this is it for me-Trinidad every single year (and maybe in between!), I can't stand the thought of seeing them only once a year :o(. Missions aren't for everyone, I know, but I do think everyone should experience at least one trip in their lifetime, yeah we've got out work cut out for us here, but honestly it's just so AWESOME to experience one week a year of living in another culture, eating their food, meeting their people, seeing their land, and best of all worshipping the SAME God WITH them-no words!!! I LOVE Trinidad, I was CRAZY not to want to go back-good thing God has control over my crazy head!!!




Top 5 things I am currently looking forward to:


1.) Signing a lease w/my new roomie (and friend!) Angela on Wednesday morning!


2.) Summer semester of school ENDING on Monday the 28th!!!


3.) Having a Trini reunion dinner on Aug 4th at Outback-yummm-Donnie's excited :o)


4.) Volunteering for the Leadership Summit on August 7th and 8th-I had a blast last year!


5.) Going to see Journey w/a bunch of AWESOME friends (new and old ;o)) on Aug 10th! Tailgating!!! (just kidding!)




God You rock and You're AWESOME and You're my world, thanks for knocking me down a few pegs when I need it, and help me to continue to TRUST You in all I do! Love, Your daughter




God's ultimate plan is far beyond our imaginings as the oak tree is from the acorn's imaginings. The acorn does what it was made to do, without pestering its Maker with questions about when and how and why. We who have been given an intelligence and a will and a whole range of wants that can be set against the divine Pattern for Good are asked to believe Him. We are given the chance to trust Him when He says to us, "...If any man will let himself be lost for my sake, he will find his true self."
When will we find it? we ask. The answer is, Trust Me.
How will we find it? The answer again is, Trust Me.
Why must I let myself be lost? we persist. The answer is, Look at the acorn and Trust Me.


~Elisabeth Elliot